- All Things Considered
Chesterton, G. K.
Download the book
Another delightful and sharply pointed excursion into the topics of the day, and of this day as well, with Gilbert Keith Chesterton. These reprinted magazine articles are filled with his good natured wit, his masterful use of paradox, and devastating ability to use reductio ad absurdum to destroy the popular myths that drive a society driving full-speed into secular humanism. You will come away with a whole new collection of wonderful quotes.
- Ray Clare
- 01 - The Case For The Ephemeral. 02 - Cockney And Their Jokes. 03 - The Fallacy Of Success
- 04 - On Running After One's Hat, 05 - The Vote and the House, 06 - Conceit and Caricature
- 07 - Patriotism and Sport, 08 - An Essay on Two Cities, 09 - French and English
- 10 - The Zola Controversy, 11 - Oxford from Without, 12 - Woman
- 13 - The Modern Martyr, 14 - On Political Secrecy, 15 - Edward VII. and Scotland
- 16 - Thoughts Around Koepenick, 17 - The Boy, 18 - Limericks and Counsels of Perfection
- 19 - Anonymity and Further Counsels, 20 - On the Cryptic and the Elliptic, 21 - The Worship of the Wealthy
- 22 - Science and Religion, 23 - The Methuselahite, 24 - Spiritualism
- 25 - The Error of Impartiality, 26 - Phonetic Spelling, 27 - Humanitarianism and Strength
- 28 - Wine When it is Red, 29 - Demagogues and Mystagogues, 30 - The "Eatanswill Gazette"
- 31 - Fairy Tales, 32 - Tom Jones and Morality, 33 - The Maid of Orleans
- 34 - A Dead Poet, 35 - Christmas